Dr. David A. Berman, M.D., FAAD
Has performed the ARTAS® Robotic Hair Transplant procedure longer than any physician in the world.
Dr. Berman and ARTAS® Development Timeline
CLINICAL RESEARCH + DEVELOPMENT BEGAN
Dr. Berman, Medical Director of Berman Skin Institute becomes the Principal Investigator for Clinical Studies on the first prototype robot for hair transplantation. Restoration Robotics, Inc, the maker of the device and Dr. Berman put the robot through rigorous testing to advance and validate the system.
DR. BERMAN WAS FIRST TO INTRODUCE ROBOTIC SYSTEM AT ASDS
Dr. Berman presented the ARTAS Robotic System at the 2008 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS).
DR. BERMAN IS PUBLISHED IN PRACTICAL DERMATOLOGY MEDICAL JOURNAL
Article written by David A. Berman, M.D. “New Computer Assisted System May Change the Hair Restoration Field” was published in Practical Dermatology Medical Journal, September 2011.
THE ARTAS ROBOTIC SYSTEM RECEIVED FDA CLEARANCE
FDA approved the robotic system after reviewing the data that Dr. Berman collected while he was Principal Investigator for the FDA clinical study.
100TH ROBOT SHIPPED
10 MILLION HARVESTED HAIRS
THE ARTAS® HAIR STUDIO SOFTWARE
ARTAS® RECIPIENT SITE MAKING
Dr. Berman continues research and development on ARTAS® Recipient Site Making at the Berman Skin Institute as the Principal Investigator for Restoration Robotics, Inc. He is the first physician in the world to use ARTAS® Recipient Site Making for commercial cases.
The tiny incisions made by the robotic system greatly reduce the incidence of “shock loss” (loss of hair in the recipient area caused by older, manual techniques of incision making), as the macroscopic 3D-like Imaging system used to make the sites can help steer the needle incisions safely away from already existing hairs in the recipient area.
Restoration Robotics announces its newly formed Medical Advisory Board, with Dr. Berman as one of five physicians on this international board. Restoration Robotics will hold regular meetings with the Medical Advisory Board with the intent of strengthening the relationship with all the physicians that are using the ARTAS system and further develop the ARTAS product offering.
Dr. Berman remains the Principal Clinical Investigator for Restoration Robotics, Inc, the maker of the ARTAS® robot. His patients have access to the latest updates and technologies, even before they might be available to other ARTAS® physicians.
Dermatology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, IL.
Completed residency as the Chief Resident in June of 1993.
Internal Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles,
CA. Completed in June, 1990.
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.
Graduated with a Doctor of Medicine degree in June, 1989.
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA.
Graduated with honors in 1984 with a B.A. degree.
Henry M. Gunn Senior High School, Los Altos, CA.
Graduated with high honors in 1980.
Robotic, AI-Assisted Follicular Unit Excision and Implantation for Hair Restoration with ARTAS iX
- Over 250,000 patients treated since 1993
- Experienced researcher and principal clinical investigator for many medical device companies
- Expert in the field of dermatologic and aesthetic surgery
- Board-certified dermatologist
- Written multiple textbook chapters in the field of aesthetic and dermatologic surgery
- Author of numerous scientific articles in the field of dermatology and aesthetic surgery
- Teacher of latest techniques in dermatologic and aesthetic surgery to dermatologic surgeons
- Frequent source of information for local media (TV, radio, newspaper)
- Featured on National Television – The History Channel, The Learning Channel, The Discovery Channel, ABC7 News, NBC4 News
- Expert witness for medico-legal issues in dermatology
- Voted one of the Bay Area’s Top Doctors by San Jose Magazine
- Voted San Jose Magazine’s Top Three Dermatologists
- 1993: Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology
- 1995-2002: Chief of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery at San Mateo County General Hospital
- 1993-present: Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- 1994-present: Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- 1994-present: Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- 2005-present: Member of the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery
- 2005-present: Member of the American College of Phlebology
- 1990-present: Member of the American Medical Association
- 1993-present: Member of the California Medical Association
- 1993-present: Member of the Santa Clara County Medical Association
- 1994-present: Medical Director, Berman Skin Institute,
Cameron Park, CA | Fremont, CA | Los Altos, CA
Placerville, CA | Pleasanton, CA | Roseville, CA
Sacramento, CA | San Francisco, CA | Tracy, CA
Walnut Creek, CA | Yuba City, CA